Financial Coach, Shannon Clark
As a financial coach, I provide families with the guidance and support you need to manage your finances with confidence—so you can stop stressing about money.
Together, we walk step-by-step through the journey of saving for the future and paying off debt.
Life is too short to waste it stressing about money
That’s why I’m passionate about helping women and couples achieve stress-free family finances through financial coaching.
- I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the University of Idaho where I graduated Summa Cum Laude — and where I met my husband.
- I’ve been trained by Dave Ramsey and his team and received the designation of Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach.
- Since 2014, I’ve had the joy of guiding over 5,000 families toward a more secure financial future through my premium workshops, group coaching programs, and one-on-one coaching.
My heart leaps with joy every time I hear from a client telling me how they’ve:
- Paid off $10,000 in debt in just a few months
- Paid cash for a car 6 months sooner than expected
- Or added $5,000 their emergency savings
But the real value of financial coaching lies in strengthening relationships
I think my favorite thing is when my money coaching clients tell me that:
- The guilt and stress surrounding money is melting away
- They’re paying cash for an anniversary cruise
- Or taking their kids to the beach for a week (without worrying about the cost of gas or food along the way)
“I remember when I signed up, I worried that I wouldn’t be able to commit, that I would start strong but burn out within a few weeks. However, in 3 months, we have paid off $10,000 in credit card debt.
We now sit down together as a couple and plan where our money is going to go. Not only does Shannon have the wisdom to get you out of the hole, but she also has the compassion to express, ‘I’m right there with you.’ I felt like she was there cheering me on.”
– Skylar A.
Paid Off $10,000 in 3 Months
Everything changed when my first baby was born
I couldn’t imagine dropping him off at daycare for even a moment.
I wanted to be the one to feed him, rock him, and stare into his drooly smile for 16 hours a day, but our finances were a mess.
Saddled with huge student loan and mortgage payments on a house we couldn’t afford (and couldn’t sell due to the Recession), we ended up losing our home in a short sale.
Although I tried to budget, something unexpected would always come up that would throw us off track. After that, it was tough to stay motivated when nothing we did seemed to work, and I couldn’t help blaming myself for putting us in that terrible situation.
I guess we had to hit rock bottom before we could turn things around.
I am forever grateful to Stacy Meyer, a blogger who shared her family’s story of living debt free.
Before that, I never imagined that paying off debt was possible in our lifetime, let alone in less than a year. However…
- In 9 months we paid off $22,000 in debt to become debt free
- After that, we built our emergency fund and saved a 20% down payment for our dream home
- The best part is that I now feel confident knowing we’re in control of our finances, and we can enjoy watching children growing up without being overwhelmed by money stress.
I understand how it feels to try so hard and still fail with money.
No one should have to face the guilt and anxiety that come with financial struggles alone.
I can help you to take the short path to financial success, rather than the long and winding one up the rocky cliff. I’d love to walk that journey alongside you as I have for so many others.
Are you ready to get started with financial coaching?
1. Book a Strategy Session
Start by booking a 30-minute Strategy Session.
2. Get Your Questions Answered
In your session, I’ll clear up your biggest financial question marks and get you un-stuck.
3. Financial Roadmap
If you continue with coaching, I’ll help you create a step-by-step plan, so you can reach your big financial goals, faster.
I’m blessed to live in beautiful North Idaho with my husband and two little ones.
And I’m so grateful to be at home with them every day.
Well, most days! I am human after all! My kids are a constant source of inspiration and remind me why this passionate calling for helping families with their finances is so important. Together we love to go for walks, boat rides, and spend time with our extended family. We’re also involved at the same church where I grew up.
I serve financial coaching clients in-person in the Coeur d’Alene and Spokane areas, and virtually in the comfort of your home, wherever that may be.
“Our biggest challenge was trying to get away from living paycheck to paycheck. We were living frugally, making decent money, but not getting any traction. I was hesitant to work with Shannon because of the cost. I was afraid to spend money and not have anything be different.
However, after 3 months, we are truly caught up with our bills — it kinda seems like a miracle. We now have an emergency fund with one month of living expenses — that seemed impossible a couple of months ago. When we started, we didn’t even have $500, and now we have over $5,000! Now, we feel more at peace because we have a plan.”
– Holly S.
Saved $5,000 in 3 Months
Financial Coaching Frequently Asked Questions
What results do your clients get?
In the end, it’s all about the results that I can help you as the client achieve, and I love sharing my clients’ inspiring personal finance success stories.
Click here to read reviews and success stories from my financial coaching clients>>
What financial coaching services and packages do you offer?
I have experience helping clients with many services related to saving for the future and paying off debt.
As a financial coach, I find that a one-size-fits-all approach rarely works. You need personalized care and planning for maximum success. That’s why I tailor every financial coaching package to your individual needs.
Click here for more info about my financial coaching services & packages >>
What are your financial coaching fees? (Are they worth it?)
When you’re struggling financially, it’s easy to hesitate before investing in financial coaching. You’re probably wondering how much this will cost and whether it will really be worth it.
The good news is, I have a range of options available that can benefit any income level.
Click here to get an idea of financial coaching costs and how to know if it will be worth it for you >>
“I was concerned about signing up because of the cost. But I realized that I sometimes need to invest in things to see progress. I was ready to not feel like we are barely getting ahead when I knew that we should be able to do better. In 3 months since we started, we have increased our net assets by $13,000 and put $6,000 in savings.
We put over $1,000 in savings in the month of March alone. This is so huge because even 6 months ago, I would have said that we barely had $100 to put into savings in a month. Definitely worth the money spent, even if I was hesitant to put the money into it at the beginning!”
– Jackie M.
Saved $6,000 in 3 Months
Here are a few places I’ve been featured:
- Apartment Therapy. May 21, 2020. “Student Loans Make It Harder to Buy a Home, But Here’s How You Can Make It Happen.”
- Business Insider. September 2, 2015. “How one woman paid off $22,000 of student loan debt in only 9 months.”
- Good Housekeeping. October 5, 2017. “This Chart Will Help You Tell If You’re Overspending on Groceries”
- Mint. “Expert Interview with Shannon Brown of Growing Slower on Budgeting For A Family.”
- Go Banking Rates. September 5, 2018. “15 Ways to Pay Off Student Loans.”
- Go Banking Rates. December 30, 2015. “13 Financial New Year’s Resolutions You Should Make.”
- SeedTime Money. August 20, 2018. “How We Paid Off Our Debt.”
- Biz Mavens Podcast. “024: How To Run a Pilot Program for a Stronger Online Course, with Brandice Lardner & Shannon Clark”
- The Humbled Homemaker. Regular contributor from 2014 to 2018.
- His and Her Money Podcast. “HNH 019: How Shannon Brown Eliminated $22,000 of Student Loans in Just 9 Months.” 15 Dec. 2014.
- Your Personal Financial Mentor. 2016, May 6. “Your Emergency Fund: Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Find Financial Peace of Mind”
- Community Library Network Learn and Earn series. April 13, 2019. “How to Start a Profitable Blog on a Budget.”
- Family Balance Sheet. “Shannon & Her Husband Paid off $22,000 in 9 Months.”
Please contacted [email protected] for media inquiries.
Where will you be 90 Days from Now?
Three months from now, you’ll either be celebrating your latest financial victory — or you’ll be stuck fighting the same battle with money you’ve been struggling with for years. Which will you choose?