Don’t have hundreds to spend on a top of the line blender? Check out my favorite cheap smoothie blender and 17 healthy smoothie recipes to make in it.
All photos used with permission.
B ack when we were working on getting out of debt, our blender broke (along with our crock pot and coffee maker!) Since we were completely focused on putting every dollar we could toward paying off our loans, we didn’t replace it right away, so we had to say goodbye to smoothies for a while.
Best Cheap Smoothie Blender
For a couple of months, we saved up whatever was left over from our small household budget and finally bought a $10 cheap blender on a Black Friday sale. It’s this Hamilton Beach 10-speed.
We peered at the Vitamixes and Kitchenaids along the Costco aisles and even justified their value. They do a lot, and they last forever. But, the reality was that they weren’t really an option for us in that moment.
Well, we did pay off all of our $22k+ in debt, but we haven’t replaced our little cheap blender because it’s still working so well for us. Now you can’t make everything in it. It won’t really crush ice or bigger frozen foods like strawberries. Still, we’ve found a way to make it do almost everything we need for only a tiny fraction of the price of the others.
Here are 17 cheap blender smoothies you can make, even if you have a $10 blender like ours.
17 Cheap Blender Smoothies
1. Simple Green Smoothie Recipe – Check out the “perfect smoothie technique” in this post to get the perfect smoothie consistency every time, no matter what recipe you’re using!
2. Cherry Mango Water Kefir Smoothie – You’ll get your probiotics with this tropical flavored smoothie.
3. Blueberry-Banana Green Tea Smoothie – Wow this smoothie recipe looks so delicious, and it’s full of healthy antioxidants from the green tea.
4. Thick Peanut Butter Smoothies – This simple but yummy smoothie will give you a protein boost.
5. Blueberry Basil Smoothie – Whenever I have time, I always love to peruse Debra’s recipes over at Worth Cooking and her gorgeous food photography! I can just imagine how fragrant and delicious this Blueberry Basil Smoothie must be!
6. Chocolate Banana Milkshake – This healthy version of a chocolate banana milkshake looks so creamy! And it can be made completely dairy free.
7. Apricot Banana Smoothie – This smoothie is a little bit on the sweeter side, but still full of healthy whole foods.
8. Tasty Tropical Smoothie Recipe – Yummy! I think I could pretend I was in Hawaii while drinking this smoothie!
9. Creamy Clementine Smoothie – If you don’t have any berries on hand, this one is worth a try! I love the fresh citrus with the creamy yogurt to get that ‘creamsicle’ flavor. Just leave out the ice if you make it in your cheap blender.
10. Superfood Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – Warning, the pictures alone on this smoothie recipe are going to make your mouth water!
11. Hide the Veggies Chocolate Smoothie – This smoothie really is power packed with Omegas, antioxidants, protein, fiber, magnesium, and more!
12. Vegan Mango Lassi Recipe – You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this smoothie. Just remember to leave out the ice if you’re using a cheap blender like I do!
13. High Protein Gingerbread Smoothie – Check out the secret ingredient in this high protein smoothie. Hint: It’s not protein powder!
14. Strawberry Cantaloupe Summer Smoothie – I was just needing to use up some ripe cantaloupe, and this beautiful smoothie would work great!
15. Fresh Green Smoothie – This recipe includes 4 full cups of fresh greens. Wow! Now that’s healthy!
16. Almond Oat Breakfast Smoothie – Now this is a new way to eat frugal oatmeal for breakfast! This smoothie really is a full breakfast in a glass. Very convenient for rushing out the door in the morning!
17. Chocolate Hemp Shake – Hemp is a great way to get your protein, Omegas, and a whole bunch of minerals! So glad we can have a chocolate shake and be healthy too!
There you have it, 17 yummy recipes that you can make in your cheap-o blender. I have no doubt all these delicious cheap blender smoothies will keep me going through the whole 7-day smoothie challenge and beyond!
What kind of blender do you use? What are you favorite smoothie ingredients?